Saturday, May 3, 2008

Priceless

Some of you may be wondering what has come of the aforementioned house we were trying to buy... So here is a brief overview of what we found as we went to inspect the home before finalizing an offer... As you can see from the listing picture it is a cute little house with what we thought to have quite a bit of "curb appeal"... Once inside it was immediately obvious why this reasonably priced home was still without an owner; the first clue should have been that the home had no light fixtures installed... Without lights the home appeared to be a real gem... lol... With a little light from our cell phones we tried to see if there was anything worth coming back to see in the daylight; and then we saw it... the home had been completely redone by some local artists... The kitchen window had been turned into quite the "glass sculpture" and many of the walls had been painted with each artists personal touch. I suppose everything that had been damaged in the break-in could have been repaired, but I just could not get over the creepy feeling that I got when I knew random strangers had been in the house doing whatever they wanted. So there you have it, and so our search continues for our new home.

2 comments:

Stacy Householder said...

Hey Alicia! I totally remember you! I'm so happy you found my blog! How random! haha. You're just as cute as ever! I'm surprised you still remember me after alllllll these years! :) It makes me happy that you DO! :)

Hope you find a safe, warm and inviting home to live in soon. :)

BIG HUGS OLD FRIEND! :)

rachel said...

So, I just read about these break ins happening all the time with all the foreclosures going on. I am glad they weren't in the house when you stopped in to view it. Best of Luck in your search. It looks like there are quite a few on the market!