Thursday, August 21, 2008

it feels...

I am meeting with my advisor tomorrow morning at 7:30 am (Friday), at which time I will be backed into a corner of decision... school starts Monday and Andy (my advisor) wants a decision as to what my "OFFICIAL MAJOR" will be and where I'm headed if climbing the "Corporate Ladder" is no longer my chosen path...

drum roll please... "IT'S ONLY THURSDAY MORNING, NOT THE USUAL 13TH HOUR OF WHEN MOST OF MY DECISIONS ARE MADE AND I HAVE MADE A DECISION"...applause

insert...sounds of shock...gasp...

My road to self discovery is lined with people who have made this decision process challenging, eye-opening, and totally amazing, so thanks to you all for helping me figure out who/what I really want to be!

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

I'm going to be an ARTIST when I grow up... that's right, I'm going to leave behind the suits and schedule for comfy clothes (see future nominee for "what not to wear") and a life that is mine to do with how I choose. I'm thinking that my accounting background, will take the "starving" part out of the equation...

I registered myself for an Art History class and a 2 Dimensional Design class which will begin next week, so I'll keep you posted on how my new path is twisting & turning.

...so good to know where I'm headed & to feel peace about heading there...

1 comment:

JenW said...

i think an artist is a wonderful thing to be when you grow up:) you are so creative. good for you.